Upcoming Away Rides:
Jan 19 Red/Gold/Orange Santa Barbara
Question of the week: What bike should I buy?
That one question can only be answered by asking several more. Go to your local bike shop having answers to the following: What type of riding do you like to do? In a typical ride how many miles and how much elevation do you cover? Disc or caliper? What brand drive train do you currently have, and are you happy with it? Are you comfortable with your current gearing? What is your budget limit? Did you really get permission for a new bike, or was your spouse nodding their head listening to you ramble on about bikes again?
When riding with us:
· wear helmets and ensure your bike is in good working order
· stay in bike lanes and no more than two abreast on them; single file otherwise
· do not overlap wheels
· descend carefully! Look out for debris, animals, potholes, tight bends, and slick spots
· pass slower riders on the left
· ride predictably: signal when changing lines and call out hazards
· avoid bunching up
· respect all traffic rules and the rights of motor vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians
· Inclement weather policy: In the interest of safety, whenever it is either actively raining or the ride route has wet roads, it is our club policy to cancel a club ride. Club members may still choose to meet and ride in these conditions; however, the ride will not be considered an official club ride.