Last year our members (you) made our inaugural Picnic and Benefit ride very successful and its time to do it again.
OK, its on Cinco De Mayo, but its a lot more than tacos and Cervasas.
So, put in your calendar now the ride date of May 5th, 2018 and get yourself signed up for the event.
This ride is the epitome of what we do best at the CVC, ride bikes, socialize, laugh and enjoy our beautiful cycling locales with the coolest club members anywhere. We can't think of anyone we would rather share this experience with more than you guys.
We have something for everyone; from a challenging 75 miler, a nice 50 mile route... or cut it down to a frolicking 25 miler that gets you back the food and beer before everyone else.
We will once again have the folks from Win's Wheels staffing the Triunfo Park Stop for all your bike repair needs.
Again, all the very best things from last years ride will be back including our world renowned beer garden, at the finish with great tunes going, that amazing Pickle and Peas Mediterranean food truck that is back by popular demand, a Raffle & Auction, and great SAG support from our favorite mobile mechanic, Jim Huth and his Velofix Van.
This year, we are excited to have Gear Grinderz Coffee coming out with there coffee van so you are properly caffeinated to start your ride.
Another great reason to ride is that all of the net proceeds from our ride go towards local organizations our CVC members have chosen.
This will be that "cant miss" event of the year and in our usual CVC fashion....it's going to be an absolute blast weather you are a veteran member or new to the club.
I fully expect to see you all out there on My 5th!
Director of Charitable Operations
For a bit more info, see below...
Because this is a "members only" event, we need you to sign up as soon as possible, so we can create the best ride! Below are some details about the event…
- The event start location is at the Thousand Oaks Community Park and rides begin at 8:00 am & 8:30 am.
- Your pre-paid registration includes route slips for the 2 scenic routes of 50 and 75 miles, (with an option to shorten the 50), complete with supported regroup stops and SAG support.
- The post-ride celebration will continue at the start location and will include lunch from a gourmet food truck, music, a silent auction, beer garden and more!
- Remember…This is YOUR ride, YOUR Day, and YOUR Event. So, please sign up now and be part of a club you ride and event that help make our community a better place!
- A $65 minimum donation allows us cover expenses for the ride and still be able to donate to an organization that CVC members chose.
- There will not be any official CVC club rides on May 5th to encouraging everyone to participate and support CVC’s annual fundraiser and official spring ride.
- Extra lunches are available for purchase through the registration link: $20/adults and $10/children under 12. No Tickets will be sold the day of the event.
- There will be NO "DAY OF" registrations or lunch tickets sold. YOU MUST BE PRE-REGISTERED TO PARTICIPATE. REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE APPROXIMATELY 1 WEEK PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
- If you are not a CVC member and would like to join the club, got to: https: www.bikereg.com/conejo-valley-cyclists-cvc-membership-enrollmentrenewal2