AWAY Saturday October 20th @9:00 am Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map Gold/ Orange Sheri Santa Barbara 38 2,215 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28725399 818-621-1713 away Meeting at Padaro Beach Grill: 3765 Santa Claus Ln, Carpenteria https://goo.gl/maps/VHomrP1cpmv
LOCAL Saturday October 20th @8:30 am Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map Red Taylor nosco prep 75.5 6,300 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17081955 805-390-2200 mully/latigo Orange Doug Grimes cyn 50 3,687 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/20653175 323-806-2002 Elkins return Gold Petros 7 min 34 2,617 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26410037 805-630-8116 mully return Sunday October 21st @9:00 am Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map Red TBD Up Stunt 37 4,146 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28791352 start ahead of go Dn Piuma G.O. Alfonzo Up Stunt 37 4,146 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28791352 978-394-7318 Dn Piuma Social Kay Malibu Lake 19 1,091 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/6359537 805-390-2200 from landing
Question of the week: What is the proper call when sighting Greybird on PCH?
Susan! Ash! Go Greybird! Are you a friendly rider, spreading happiness while you pedal? Relish in your time on the bike, and smile. Even on the most challenging days, there should be a smile under your helmet. Give a wave as you pass fellow cyclists. Give a thank you wave when cars stop for you. Sure, they have to stop, but it’s important to thank them for the effort. A new approach that my teen shared with me is the “thumbs up” whenever you feel like giving “the bird”. It confuses people, and diffuses many situations. Always try and be a good bike ambassador, it benefits us all.
*When riding with us:*
· wear helmets and ensure your bike is in good working order
· stay in bike lanes and no more than two abreast on them; single file otherwise
· not overlap wheels
· descend carefully! Look out for debris, animals, potholes, tight bends, and slick spots
· pass slower riders on the left
· ride predictably: signal when changing lines and call out hazards
· avoid bunching up
· respect all traffic rules and the rights of motor vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians
· Inclement weather policy: In the interest of safety, whenever it is either actively raining or the ride route has wet roads, it is our club policy to cancel a club ride. Club members may still choose to meet and ride in these conditions; however, the ride will not be considered an official club ride.