*Upcoming Away Rides:* Jan 19 Red/Gold/Orange Santa Barbara
January 1, GO ride departing 9:00 am
Local rides- Saturday December 22nd @8:30 Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map Red Taylor Hidden Valley 54 3,980 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29051716 805-390-2200 PCH/Encinal Orange Vern Kanan/Lynn 47 3,162 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29041736 805-208-6377 DoVi/Agoura Gold Lisa Hidden Valley 28.5 1,931 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/19169421 818-535-0862 DoVi/Back Sunday December 23rd @9:00 am Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map Red TBD Top of Grimes 45.5 3,025 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29060510 Start ahead of go and back G.O. Alfonzo Top of Grimes 45.5 3,025 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29060510 978-394-7318 and back Social Kay Lindero/Lake View 23 1,468 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/5963530 818-419-1172 Kanan lake loop Monday December 24th @9:00 am Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map
[image: image.png] Alfonzo Lakeview/Kanan 23 1,459 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29054644 978-394-7318 Grey Rck/Lake Loop
Question of the week: What bike should I buy?
That one question can only be answered by asking several more. Go to your local bike shop having answers to the following: What type of riding do you like to do? In a typical ride how many miles and how much elevation do you cover? Disc or caliper? What brand drive train do you currently have, and are you happy with it? Are you comfortable with your current gearing? What is your budget limit? Did you really get permission for a new bike, or was your spouse nodding their head listening to you ramble on about bikes again?
*When riding with us:*
· wear helmets and ensure your bike is in good working order
· stay in bike lanes and no more than two abreast on them; single file otherwise
· do not overlap wheels
· descend carefully! Look out for debris, animals, potholes, tight bends, and slick spots
· pass slower riders on the left
· ride predictably: signal when changing lines and call out hazards
· avoid bunching up
· respect all traffic rules and the rights of motor vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians
· Inclement weather policy: In the interest of safety, whenever it is either actively raining or the ride route has wet roads, it is our club policy to cancel a club ride. Club members may still choose to meet and ride in these conditions; however, the ride will not be considered an official club ride.