I wanted to share the latest "Cruise News" that was sent out to all registered Cruisin' riders. I hope to see our club out in force this Saturday in club colors representing. The Expo this year is going to be massive. Come out and have some fun helping run the show that your club has been hosting for over 26 years!
We are a few days away from Cruisin' 2011 on Saturday, April 30, 2011.
The weather forecast is calling for beautiful spring event day weather; Sunny and mid 70's!
- Nissan, proud sponsor of Team RadioShack and Official Vehicle of the 2011 Amgen Tour of California, will be at Cruisin' the Conejo. The "Pace the Race Tour" gives thousands of cycling, endurance and performance sport enthusiasts the opportunity to drive the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, a vehicle that fits their healthy and active lifestyle due to its 'no tailpipe, zero emissions' technology. Stop by and take a drive. Nissan is donating $1.00 for every test drive to the Stage 7 Prize Purse during the Amgen Tour of California event on May 21.
- Our friends, U.S. Blind Tandem Cycling Connection, a non-profit 501(c)3 need our help and will have a booth at our Cruisin' Expo. They are in need of any used gear; helmets, cycling apparel, etc. that you no longer need or have use for. All donations will be put to good use making a blind cyclists dream come true!
- Expo: We have arranged a massive expo this year. As part of this expo, some of our local bike shops in conjunction with their vendors will have demo bikes available to ride. Cruisin' registrants can ride the entire event if they wish on the bike of their dreams from BMC, Scott, Giant, Felt, BH, Cannondale, etc.
- Friday night, April 29th is our optional in person pre-registration/packet pick-up which is being held at the ride start/finish location. 2504 W. Hillcrest, Thousand Oaks. Details below:
* What: Cruisin' Pre Registration Event / Vendor Expo * Where: 2504 W. Hillcrest, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 * When: Friday April 29, 2011 - 5:00 - 8:00pm
- Raffle: As part of the expo we will have a raffle bigger and better than in years past. We will have a plethora of items to raffle of this year during the lunch portion of the event. Items such as: Complete bicycles * clothing * helmets * components * bicycle lights * sun glasses * gift certificates * etc.
- Silent Auction: We will be having a silent auction on a sexy 2011 Franco Balcom Road frame. Details available at the event.
Looking forward to seeing you at this year Cruisin'