*Upcoming Away Rides:* Jan 19 Red/Gold/Orange Santa Barbara
January 28 7:00pm -CVC Members meeting @ TREK
3835 Thousand Oaks Blvd., Unit K, Westlake Village, ca 91362
With rain in the forecast please check your email prior to meeting at the landing. Depending upon rainfall next week, Santa Barbara ride may also need to be rescheduled.
Local rides- Saturday January 12th @8:30 Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map Red Taylor Hidden Vly 51 3,945 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29159184 805-390-2200 PCH/Yerba Orange Alfonzo Rockstore/up Enc 37 3,959 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/29148515 978-394-7318 TopOW/Lk Shw Gold Lisa 818-535-0862. Mully/7 min 33 1,863 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/5809536 Sharon 818-519-8694 Calabasas return Petros 805-630-8116 Sunday January 13th @9:00 am Ride Leader Route Miles Climb (ft.) Map RED Doug/Susan Hidden Vly 46.5 2,543 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13083901 Orange 323-806-2002 Santa Rosa/Olsen Social Kay Hidden Vly 28 1,613 https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13084095 818-419-1172 Carlisle
Question of the week: Do I need disc brakes? I don’t know Kent, try riding in wet conditions then tell me. Plenty of people still debating this, but a lot of manufacturers are making the decision for us. Personally as a heavier rider, I love em.
Safety Tip of the Week: Don't drink and ride. Might as well start off the safety tips with an obvious one. Riding while impaired increases your chances of not having a good ride.
*When riding with us:*
· wear helmets and ensure your bike is in good working order
· stay in bike lanes and no more than two abreast on them; single file otherwise
· do not overlap wheels
· descend carefully! Look out for debris, animals, potholes, tight bends, and slick spots
· pass slower riders on the left
· ride predictably: signal when changing lines and call out hazards
· avoid bunching up
· respect all traffic rules and the rights of motor vehicles, cyclists, and pedestrians
· Inclement weather policy: In the interest of safety, whenever it is either actively raining or the ride route has wet roads, it is our club policy to cancel a club ride. Club members may still choose to meet and ride in these conditions; however, the ride will not be considered an official club ride.